It’s hard to believe that Fall is almost behind us. Is it seriously almost November? I sure love Fall, the changing of the trees, the crisp fall air, and the start of football season! I found this Fall I was craving Fall comfort food (yumm), but I wanted to combat these cravings with things I enjoyed but a bit lighter. One thing I have been craving is apple crisp or apple pie. There is nothing like a cool Fall day and a nice warm appley (this is a word right?) goodness. So I created this concoction, I am not really sure what to name it so I guess it’s the Skinny Apple Pie Crisp Ala Mode….yea that makes sense =)
* 1 large apple ( I prefer honey crisp but really any apple will work)
* 2 Tablespoons Fat Free Cool Whip (I like mine frozen, it’s more ice cream like)
* Cinnamon (add as much or as little as you’d like)
* 2 Tablespoons Splenda (also add more if you’d like)
* ½ Sheet cinnamon graham crackers (you can add more of this, but this will add calories/ww points)
* 6 Sprays of I can’t Believe it’s not Butter
Skin, core, and cube your apple
Put apple cubes it in a bowl with a couple sprays of light spray butter, splenda, and cinnamon (mix so the sugar and cinnamon cover all the apple pieces).
Microwave for about 3 min, depending on the size of your cubes you may need to microwave longer (be careful this gets hot fast!)
Once apple has been microwaved to your desired doneness (yes I am using this as a word too) top it off with the frozen fat free cool whip and some crumbled graham cracker.
Trust me, you won’t miss the apple pie or the apple crisp with this recipe. Depending on the graham crackers used this recipe is only 1 WW point. ENJOY!!