If you didn’t know this week has been pretty darn crazy. I had a pretty fun week working with the folks at Stack. They contacted me about 3 weeks ago wanting to do a story on my weight-loss and goal for the Cleveland Marathon. I am really impressed on what they put together! I still watch the video and think wait……is that me?? The only thing I would have done different is my hair….no seriously I know you all can see the video, I have one curl that is seriously out of place! I mean couldn’t someone say something =) If you missed it here is a link to the article/video (plus you know you want to look now to see that darn rouge curl) http://www.stack.com/a/jamie-johnston-200-pound-weight-loss-transformation
Some of my fellow Cleveland Ambassadors have done some fun blog posts, one of the being 20+ things you might not know. So I decided to follow suit! So here you go 20 RANDOM things you might not have known about me =)
- I didn’t start running until about 5 years ago, I had never EVER ran in my life until then
- I hated running at first, and seriously thought I was going to die.
- I have finished 3 half marathons, and 2 full marathons and I am still trying to figure out my running nutrition. Seriously my stomach has a love/hate relationship with the long run.
- I love a training schedule! There is just something about knowing what exact training run you will be doing each day of the week.
- I love a routine! Every morning I get up around 4:15, run, and then get ready for work. You would thinking running that early would cause me to be exhausted all day, but for some reason it energizes me.
- I go to bed pretty early at night, yep due to that 4:15 wake up. I am usually in bed by 9 or earlier.
- Running with Reese (my chocolate lab) is pretty much my favorite. I love looking down and seeing the smile across her face, no seriously she smiles the whole dang time!
- I say a prayer before every race. I have to thank God for this amazing gift, and let’s face it I pray to live through it!
- I have race day anxiety like you wouldn’t believe! As you can tell I don’t do many races and there is a reason for that. My anxiety gets to me! I seriously feel ill, and am probably the biggest a$$ on race day mornings (my family usually doesn’t talk to me until the race is over).
- For every half and full marathon my husband Dana makes me cupcakes for the finish =)
- The cupcakes Dana makes aren’t usually consumed until about 2 hours after the race. I always say I will have one right at the finish, but that darn stomach of mine is usually a mess.
- After every FULL marathon I have finished (2 to be exact) I pretty much swear off of ever running another one, and feel about one step away from death….but yet again here I am training for my 3rd.
- I do my hair for EVERY race, yep hairspray and all =)
- Running has helped my anxiety BIG time. I am pretty sure I ‘d be on meds if it weren’t for running.
- During the week I usually don’t wash my hair! Yep due to my morning runs and all my dang hair, I rock the dry shampoo and come Friday I hope for the best =)
- Every long run I start off almost crying. Yep my head gets to me, I think I am going to hate life. It isn’t till about mile 10 that I think, ok I got this. Then when I am done I look forward to the next one….it’s a love hate relationship!
- After Saturday’s long run I LOVE to drink my smoothie, coffee, graham cracker, and protein bar. Yep the same darn thing EVERY Saturday, and I look forward to it so very much…during my last mile I am already dreaming of my compression socks and smoothie in hand!
- Summer morning runs are my favorite! I love watching the sun come up and the world come alive!
- I oddly don’t mind my treadmill runs. I find it as a time to better myself and my pace.
- Most of the time I don’t feel like a real runner, I almost feel like a fraud. I don’t know why this is! For some reason I feel that I am not an official runner, I have no idea why this is. Maybe someday this will change.
I hope you all have a wonderful week! What are some random running facts about you?